2015 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt 770 MSL (Medium)
Purchased this bike in 2015 and it has been ridden four enjoyable seasons. It's a fun and playful ride. I named the it "TARANIS" (after the Celtic god of thunder). I've updated to a new 29" MTB and the time has come to pass this bike on to a new owner.
- Carbon Frame with Ride-9 adjustable geometry. The frame is in great condition with only a few minor paint chips and scratch (right rear "seat stay").
- 27.5 Wheels, Crest Rims with XT Hubs
- XT Shimano Group set (XTR rear mech.), Raceface cranks
- Dropper post (Reverb Stealth REV. B)
- Remote for rear suspension lockout
The bike is mostly unchanged from the original manufacturer build, except for the upgrades listed below. Full technical specifications can be found on the Rocky Mountain web site.
- Dropper post internals updated during last service (performed by SRAM, winter 2017)
- Raceface direct mount narrow-wide chain ring (32 tooth).
- Wolf Tooth 1x10 conversion on rear cassette (spare derailleur hanger included)
- Front tire Schwalbe Hans Damph
- Rear tire MAXXIS Ikon
- 2 Shimano finned brake pads, (Installed at end of 2018 riding season, lots of life in pads)
Miscellaneous/Spare Parts Included with Purchase:
- suspension pivot rebuild kit (new from Rocky Mountain, still in package)
- 6 volume spacers for 32 mm front fork (still in package)
- replacement spokes for front and rear wheels
- 27.5 inner tubes
- parts from the original 2X10 drive train
- spider mount for 2X10 chain ring setup
- Front derailleur and shifter (Shimano XT)
- 2 derailleur hangers for 2X10 drive train setup
- spare ride-9 parts (one chip is cracked)
- Chain-stay protector (reduce chain slap noise while riding)
NOTE: old chain rings and rear cassettes in spare parts photo are worn (but useful for emergency parts or bike art project)