- You must ride with an approved bicycle helmet, water, extra tube and tools.
- Motorized bicycles of any kind (e-bikes, pedal electric bicycles, scooters, mopeds) are not permitted on club rides. Most of the properties on which we ride on do not permit motorized vehicles.
- Your bike must be in proper working condition.
- Ride single file on the roads and obey all traffic signs.
- When riding on the road, warn your fellow riders of a CAR UP or CAR BACK.
- When the trail crosses a road, yell to the rider behind you if it is CLEAR or CAR COMING.
- Do not ride when it is dark, unless your group has approved bicycle lights.
- Follow trail directional markers when present.
- Stay off of unauthorized trails or private property. Do not build obstacles or stunts.
- Minimize trail damage. Do not ride trails when they are too muddy.
- Leave no trace. Don't litter and bring back garbage when you encounter it.
- Warn other trail users of your approach using your bell. Yield to everyone.
- Be polite and courteous to everyone you meet on the trail. Go slow and say hello.
- Do not scare animals. When you encounter horses, don't race past them. Ride slowly, talk to the equestrians and
dismount if necessary.
- When your group turns on to a new trail, ensure that the person following you sees that you are turning. Wait for them to
catch up if necessary.
- Keep a safe distance behind the person you are following. Otherwise, you could run over them if they crash.
- If you need to pass other riders, warn them beforehand with ON YOUR LEFT or ON YOUR RIGHT.
- If you get injured or can't continue a ride, tell your ride leader and someone in the group will escort you back.
- Don't attempt riding some trails unless you are confident and capable. Be careful and pay attention, especially when tired.
- The Caledon Cycling Club (CCC) shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any losses, damages, and/or claims which might arise as a result of , or in relation to, any of the rides, events, and/or activities posted on the CCC message board or web site, and any person participating therein does so entirely at his or her own risk.